sustantivo (plural igual or aspirins)[mass noun]
- 1A synthetic compound used medicinally to relieve mild or chronic pain and to reduce fever and inflammation, usually taken in tablet form: she made herself some tea and took some aspirin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Alternative name: acetylsalicylic acid; chemical formula: C6H4(OCOCH3)COOH
- Ask any medical student and he or she will tell you that aspirin reduces fever, pain, and inflammation but may cause ulcers.
- For adults, paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen can help to relieve fever and pain.
- Optimal control of diabetes is important, and simple analgesics such as aspirin and paracetamol may be beneficial.
- 1.1(In general use) a tablet of any mild painkilling drug.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Instead, place them inside an airtight bag, and put in a crushed aspirin to absorb the odor.
- If he were back home, his mom would rub his tummy and give him an aspirin to calm his nerves.
- If you don't want to donate cash, many times these charities need blankets, food, toiletries, and simple things like aspirins and cough syrup.
late 19th century: from German, from acetylierte Spirsäure 'acetylated salicylic acid' (the element Spir- being from the plant genus name Spiraea).
Más definiciones de aspirinDefinición de aspirin en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.