- 1 [no object] (Of people) gather together in one place for a common purpose: a crowd had assembled outside the gatesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- At the end, it said: ‘a large crowd assembled outside the church to see her departure.’
- A tremendous crowd assembled outside the French Embassy shortly after the news was made known.
- Every evening at about seven-thirty crowds began assembling outside the General Post Office to watch the departure of the Royal Mail coaches.
- 1.1 [with object] Cause (people or things) to gather together for a common purpose: he assembled the surviving members of the group for a tourMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Director David C. Thomas assembles the surviving members of the group to tell their story, and remarkably has a treasure trove of home movies, concert and TV footage to illustrate every stage of the group's existence.
- We want to continue this investigation to a point at which we have assembled the kind of evidence that we believe provides the basis for prosecution.
- ‘A large and growing body of evidence has been assembled effectively pointing to her innocence,’ he claimed.
- 2 [with object] Fit together the separate component parts of (a machine or other object): my new machine is being assembled and my old one dismantledMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Also, it can wait for a customer's order before assembling a machine, which means it can operate with an extraordinarily lean production system.
- The first phase of the project revolved around infrastructure and assembling the machine.
- She had never actually assembled the machine but there were four similar parts that she was dealing with.
- 3 [with object] Computing Translate (a program) from a symbolic language into machine code: assemble the program and produce a file suitable to input to the simulatorMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We plan to assemble a program that combines the method described here with a kinematics method to permit fulltime operation.
- From that it creates program code it can then assemble into executable machine code.
- Sequences were verified manually and contigs were assembled using the computer program Sequencer v 4.0.
Middle English: from Old French asembler, based on Latin ad- 'to' + simul 'together'.
sustantivo (plural pronunc. igual)Ballet
- A leap in which the feet are brought together before landing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The assemblés porté traveled a great distance and ended in perfect fifth position.