- Both ambassadors nodded assent, as did the Council President as he looked around the room.
- Imagine your private thrill when everyone in the congregation nodded assent.
- I nodded assent, and promptly closed my eyes and began to daydream.
- He has power to veto bills by withholding his assent.
- If the president withholds his assent, the bill will be killed.
- In such cases, it has the power either to assent or to withhold assent.
verbo[no object] (often assent to)
- The others nodded in mute agreement, assenting to the terms set down by the car's owner.
- We then asked all children of consenting parents to assent to study participation.
- By convention, the monarch will not refuse her assent to a Bill passed by Parliament and she will act on the advice of her ministers.
assenter (also assentor) sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- With just 75 minutes to go before the deadline for handing in completed nominations, the returning officer told us we needed to get the signatures of 30 assentors.
- I now have to go through the process of getting thirty assentors in the Westport area, fifteen for the town council and fifteen different people for the county council.
- Despite complaints from Independents about the difficulty in securing assentors, the field has the largest number of Independents for decades.
Middle English: from Old French as(s)enter (verb), as(s)ente (noun), based on Latin assentire, from ad- 'towards' + sentire 'feel, think'.
Palabras que riman con assentabsent, accent, anent, ascent, augment, bent, cement, cent, circumvent, consent, content, dent, event, extent, ferment, foment, forewent, forwent, frequent, gent, Ghent, Gwent, lament, leant, lent, meant, misrepresent, misspent, outwent, pent, percent, pigment, rent, scent, segment, sent, spent, stent, Stoke-on-Trent, Tashkent, tent, torment, Trent, underspent, underwent, vent, went
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: as¦sent
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.