1The action of helping someone by sharing work: the work was completed with the assistance of carpenters
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pen nodded and with the assistance of the nurse she was able to get out of the bed and into the wheel chair.
- I wish to publicly record my gratitude to those whose support and assistance made this possible.
- I owe many people my thanks for their support and assistance during the preparation of this book.
1.1The provision of money, resources, or information to help someone: schemes offering financial assistance to employers she will be glad to give advice and assistance
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This treaty gave China money and technical assistance to modernise her industry.
- The Foreign Office said they were offering full assistance to the man and his employers.
- She has 14 dogs to look after, although she now receives some home assistance to help her out.
help, aid, abettance, support, backing, succour, encouragement, reinforcement, relief, intervention, cooperation, collaboration;
a helping hand, a hand, a good turn, a favour, a kindness;
ministrations, offices, services
informal a break, a leg up
be of assistance
- Be of practical use or help: the guide will be of assistance to development groupsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We hope this financial contribution will be of assistance.
- This is a very welcome development and will particularly be of assistance to the elderly and those who do not drive or have access to a car.
- I would love very much to make a legitimate connection with Ireland and, thus, would be most indebted to any, and all, that could be of assistance.
come to someone's assistance
- Act to help someone: the speaker was hoping for someone to come to his assistanceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- After so long, it is really encouraging to see so many people coming to my assistance.
- My friends told me that firefighters would only come to your assistance after a price is negotiated.
- They have contacted many business people in the meantime, which they hope will come to their assistance.
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from medieval Latin assistentia, from Latin assistere (see assist).
Palabras que riman con assistancecoexistence, consistence, distance, existence, insistence, outdistance, persistence, resistance, subsistence
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda