Definición de assuming en inglés:
Used for the purpose of argument to indicate a premise on which a statement can be based: assuming that the treaty is ratified, what is its relevance?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His piece shows the actual depth of the electoral divide and discusses the small range of voters who are up for grabs to claim a victory, assuming that the party stays true to the president.
- Philosophers who espouse this view must say that Smith's action of killing Jones took place on Monday in the dining room, assuming that this is when and where the crucial movement of Smith's hand occurred.
- It is a worse state of affairs when someone dies (whether from being killed or from natural causes) than it is when a person fails to come into existence, assuming that in both cases the lives would have been worth living.
adjetivoarchaic Volver al principio
Arrogant or presumptuous.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Usually an assuming policeman would come on screen and mumble something about a new lead in the process tracking down the culprits.
- She glanced at Mark and looked at him with a less assuming air.
- Arthur bowed in a far less assuming manner, one hand on his sword hilt and the other over his heart.
Definición de assuming en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda