- 1 • rare Of the nature of an assumption.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For within the context of international politics, faith is redundant as it calls for assumptive reasoning in a landscape of constant change and hidden agendas.
- The tone of this article was assumptive and leading towards suggesting the opposite.
- In Janoff-Bulman's poignant phrase, ‘it was the shattering of the assumptive world’.
- 2 • archaic Arrogant or presumptuous.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Add to this a tradition of questioning assumptive authoritarianism that can be traced as far back as the Declaration of Arbroath and you have a new arrival in a foreign country whose first instinct probably wasn't to tug the forelock.
mid 16th century (in the sense 'taken, adopted'): from Latin assumptivus, from the verb assumere (see assume).
Más definiciones de assumptiveDefinición de assumptive en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.