- 1 Astronomy A prominent pattern or group of stars that is smaller than a constellation.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Orion contains an asterism or well-known star pattern called the ‘saucepan’ or ‘iron pot’.
- They're located about 15° west-northwest of the bright red star Aldebaran, which in turn is at the end of one of the arms of a V-shaped asterism, the Hyades open cluster, which points southwest.
- Orion and the Great Bear are two of the most prominent asterisms visible from the northern hemisphere.
late 16th century: from Greek asterismos, from astēr 'star'.
Más definiciones de asterismDefinición de asterism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.