sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormal physical weakness or lack of energy: the asthenia of chronic respiratory diseaseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Diagnosis begins with a patient history distinguishing weakness from fatigue or asthenia, separate conditions with different etiologies that can coexist with, or be confused for, weakness.
- The most common effects of toxicity from chemotherapies for advanced colorectal cancer are diarrhoea, mucositis, asthenia, and neutropenia.
- A 39-year-old man presented with general weakness and asthenia, which he had been experiencing for three months.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek astheneia, from asthenēs 'weak'.
Más definiciones de astheniaDefinición de asthenia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.