Definición de astray en inglés:
1Away from the correct path or direction: we went astray but a man redirected us
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Reds were rewarded with two penalties but they were kicked astray due to poor direction.
- And then when they arrive in Kerry, their problems are compounded as they're confronted with confused and disjointed signage that could send them astray for another hour.
- Presently, they have a mature adult tortoiseshell cat who was spotted astray in Kirkbymoorside for several months before being brought into their care with a nasty skin infection around her head.
2Into error or morally questionable behaviour: he was led astray by boozy colleagues
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I acted like a fool in allowing myself to be led astray and placed in such a horrible situation.
- All the local churches are being asked to pray against this meeting and any subsequent ones, so that folk in our town are not led astray into things that are evil.
- Hiding behind the hackneyed theme of a ruler being led astray by evil advisers, Becket could have been in no doubt that the scheme had been orchestrated by Henry.
into wrongdoing, into error, into sin, into iniquity, away from the straight and narrow, away from the path of righteousness
informal off the rails
- (Of an object) become lost or mislaid: the money had gone astrayMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Furthermore, they claim that if the money goes astray, it is only after it passes through European and American banks.
- Mr. Cowley records how he received three panic calls from Bermuda that day fearing that their money had gone astray, and had to make a few visits to the local branch manager.
- He said: ‘It is evident that there was an item of correspondence that went astray.’
Palabras que riman con astrayaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, giclee, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda