- An eroded remnant of a large crater made by the impact of a meteorite or comet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Large craters, called astroblemes, are frequently hidden by the earth's own natural processes.
- Although relatively young meteorite impact craters have been identified in Argentina and Chile, these two Brazilian structures are the first ancient astroblemes to be reported from South America.
- Dating back 2.023 million years, the Dome is the oldest astrobleme still visible on earth and site of the world's greatest known single energy release.
1960s: from Greek astron 'star' + blēma 'wound'.
Más definiciones de astroblemeDefinición de astrobleme en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.