A star-shaped glial cell of the central nervous system.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mercury accumulates in the central nervous system primarily in astrocytes, the cells that provide the first line of defense for the central nervous system against toxic compounds.
- They successfully grew skin cells, smooth muscle cells, neurons and other nerve cells known as astrocytes and oligodendrocytes, and pigment producing cells called melanocytes, Reuters reports.
- They observed both neurons and astrocytes, the two types of cells into which the brain stem cells mature.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The neoplastic cells demonstrated a spectrum of morphology ranging from astrocytic cells with only mildly enlarged, irregular nuclei to multinucleated cells displaying pleomorphic nuclei.
- Similarly, in astrocytic tumors, microsatellite instability is not associated with progression.
- Melanotic astrocytic tumors have been reported only recently.
Más definiciones de astrocyteDefinición de astrocyte en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.