Definición de astrology en inglés:
- Modern texts often refer to Uranus as the planet that governs astrology and astrologers.
- Electional astrology is using astrology to select the best date for an important event.
- Real astrology is horary astrology, or divination, and can never be other than divination.
Ancient observers of the heavens developed elaborate systems of explanation based on the movements of the sun, moon, and planets through the constellations of the zodiac, for predicting events and for casting horoscopes. By 1700 astrology had lost intellectual credibility in the West, but continued to have popular appeal. Modern astrology is based on that of the Greeks, but other systems are extant, e.g. that of China
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Depending on which astrologist you follow, a new age of Aquarius will arrive some time between 2060 and 2100.
- But it's clear that people who go to see astrologists use them as counsellors.
- The king came to the throne in 1972 but on the advice of astrologists was not crowned until 1975.
star from Old English:
The Latin word stella ‘star’, which gave us star constellation (Middle English) and stellar (mid 17th century), was related to the two Greek equivalents, astēr and astron, the source of words such as asterisk and astrology (Late Middle English). The latter is the source of expressions such as thank your lucky stars found from the late 16th century. Star did not apply to famous or talented entertainers until the beginning of the 19th century. Eventually a star was not big or glittering enough, and superstar was coined around 1925, followed by megastar in 1976. See also hitch
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.