- 1Relating to astronomy: astronomical observationsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Moon could also become the principal astronomical observation platform in the solar system.
- The first known astronomical observations made by Galileo were carried out in 1604 for different reasons.
- This discovery was of great importance to the astronomical world, but Hubble's greatest moment was yet to come.
- 2 • informal (Of an amount) extremely large: he wanted an astronomical feeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is spending astronomical amounts of money, alienating allies and further antagonizing opponents.
- If you add all the money raised for cancer research each year, you will have an astronomical amount.
- Even some of the more hardened observers are stunned by the astronomical amounts of money that can be made.
- sense 2.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The most expensive city centre apartments sell for between £1m- £2m each - allowing developers to pay astronomic land prices.
- But now there are fears that the astronomic cost of property will force away young or first-time buyers.
- How can young people, burdened with student debt and the astronomic cost of property, put aside 15 per cent of their income as the experts advise?
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
- Food was scarce and astronomically expensive.
- Residents of these neighbourhoods, where poverty and unemployment is astronomically high, complain of frequent and arbitrary police violence.
mid 16th century: via Latin from Greek astronomikos, from astronomia (see astronomy).