Definición de asyndeton en inglés:
sustantivo (plural asyndeta /-tə/)[mass noun]
The omission or absence of a conjunction between parts of a sentence, as in I came, I saw, I conquered: [count noun]: syntactically unmarked but semantically connected asyndeta
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One particular quirk of syntax occurs remarkably often in both poems: duplication of a monosyllabic word with asyndeton, within a line.
- He is an innovator and experimenter; he is fond of antithesis, poetic vocabulary, the use of participles, and occasionally extreme asyndeton.
- The absence of run-on, the asyndeton of folk poetry may bear some relationship to Joyce's inability to develop a running line, the non-discursive quality of his writing.
- Example sentences
- My guess was that he understood ‘inside out’ as ‘both inside and out’ (asyndetic conjunction) instead of as ‘having the inside out’, and simply restored the conjunction.
- On this count, Edmund Miller remarked that Prynne's use of the device of asyndetic listing confers ‘a breathless urgency to Prynne's poetry that is exactly appropriate to his theme.’
- Instead, the asyndetic form of these texts promotes the opacity and disorientation of modularity.
Definición de asyndeton en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan