Definición de asystole en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A condition in which the heart ceases to beat.
- She developed asystole, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation was performed for 20 minutes.
- This was no easy arrest to manage, as the heart rhythm alternated between ventricular fibrillation and asystole.
- A proportion of patients are unsuitable for defibrillation because their initial arrhythmia is asystole or pulseless electrical activity.
- Example sentences
- The practice of maintaining brain stem dead patients on mechanical ventilation until they become asystolic has largely ceased in the United Kingdom as a result of the clear guidelines of the royal colleges.
- A 74-year-old man with a history of coronary artery disease was found in asystolic arrest and was brought to the emergency department at this hospital.
- He notes that the increased myocardial oxygen consumption occurring with epinephrine may have harmful effects in patients with asystolic cardiac arrest.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan