(also ataxy /-si/)
Definición de ataxia en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
The loss of full control of bodily movements.
- Other causes of apparent clumsiness include visual impairment, orthopedic disorders, mild cerebral palsy, hereditary ataxia, and congenital chorea.
- Over time, diverse clinical symptoms develop, among them peripheral neuropathies, ataxia, loss of position sense, and dementia.
- Other episodic neurological disorders include periodic paralysis, hemiplegic migraine, and episodic ataxia.
- Example sentences
- Toni is a high achiever but has the mildest form of ataxic cerebral palsy and needs a scribe to help with note taking as she has a tremor in her hand.
- Wernicke's encephalopathy is difficult to diagnose because the classic triad of confusion, ataxia, and ophthalmoplegia occurs in only 10% of patients, and drunk people are often confused and ataxic.
- If too much lithium is given there can be ataxic behavior with sedation and slurred speech.