- A type of furnace used by alchemists, able to maintain a steady heat for long periods.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Alchemists, along with surgeons, soldiers, butchers and blacksmiths, were regarded as ‘children of Mars’, the association presumably coming about through the importance of heat in powering the alchemical athanor or furnace.
- We are marvelously constructed of those transmuted elements borne within the fiery athanors of long dead Super Suns.
- For the same sum, an alchemist may purchase alembics, athanors and general laboratory equipment which allows them to double the number of potions they can brew between adventures.
late 15th century: from Arabic at-tannūr, from al- 'the' + tannūr 'baker's oven'.
Más definiciones de athanorDefinición de athanor en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.