- A prince or lord in Anglo-Saxon England.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The lust for vengeance would be strong indeed, for Gyric was not only the son of a powerful Lord but an atheling to the King.
- A council called the Witan elected who they considered the best from a group of powerful men (the athelings).
- They provide the basis on which it is possible, in conjunction with other sources, to reconstruct the individual careers of kings, queens, athelings, archbishops, bishops, abbots, royal priests, and thegns.
Old English ætheling, of West Germanic origin, from a base meaning 'race, family'.
Más definiciones de athelingDefinición de atheling en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.