- The city art gallery project, which involved the construction of new galleries and the linking of two existing buildings - the Royal Manchester Institution and the Athenaeum - was a triumph.
- Tomorrow there will be an Anglo-Japanese evening at the Athenaeum and on Wednesday the usually quiet library will be alive with the sounds of a folk band.
- It was held at the Athenaeum, in Warminster, a few years ago and I went along.
- Published in 1897, his novel Dracula received mixed reviews, summed up in the Athenaeum's grudging praise that Stoker's object, ‘assuming it to be ghastliness, is fairly well fulfilled’.
- Apparently, word around the rumour mill was that he used to date a journalism major who wrote a weekly column for the Atheneum.
Mid 18th century: via Latin from Greek Athēnaion, denoting the temple of the goddess Athene in ancient Athens (which was used for teaching).
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: Athen|aeum
Definición de Athenaeum en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.