sustantivo[usually treated as singular] British
- 1The sport of competing in track and field events, including running races and various competitions in jumping and throwing.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Jarlath Duffy won his award following a very successful year on the athletics track.
- The other topic that has dogged athletics, as it has so many sports in recent years, is drugs.
- It is not just in athletics that competitors have tried to evade being drug-tested.
- 1.1North American Physical sports and games of any kind.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Having done athletics and played netball the transition to rugby was not difficult.
- And after that you have athletics and golf and tennis and whatever you like yourself.
- Were ancient athletics useful for preparing young Greek men for the battlefield?