1Of or adjoining the Atlantic Ocean: the Atlantic coast of Europe
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The picture here is of the sunset from the Atlantic coast of Tobago, just outside my hotel room.
- Sites for experimental wave turbines have already been identified on the island's Atlantic coast.
- The long sandy beaches of Spain's north coast are lashed by Atlantic surf and hemmed by rolling green hills.
2 Geology Relating to or denoting the third climatic stage of the postglacial period in northern Europe, between the Boreal and Sub-Boreal stages (about 7,500 to 5,000 years ago), marked by a moist oceanic climate.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This book challenges our views on the nature of the former natural landscape of Britain during the Atlantic period.
- The end of the Atlantic period was marked by the decline of the elm.
- They occurred well above the late Pleistocene floodplain gravel and underlay a deposit containing animal remains that can be assigned only to the climatic optimum of the Atlantic phase, after 5000 B.C.
Palabras que riman con Atlanticantic, corybantic, frantic, geomantic, gigantic, mantic, necromantic, pedantic, romantic, semantic, sycophantic, transatlantic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: At¦lan|tic
Definición de Atlantic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda