- A bomb which derives its destructive power from the rapid release of nuclear energy by fission of heavy atomic nuclei, causing damage through heat, blast, and radioactivity.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The simple atom bomb owed its explosive power to the energy released by nuclear fission, or fusion.
- The blast was 600 times as violent as the Hiroshima atom bomb and shot a nuclear cloud more than 17 miles high into the air.
- Now and then, historic images are etched in the mass mind: the awesome mushroom cloud of the atom bomb will forever represent the specter of nuclear destruction.
Such a bomb contains a critical mass of a material such as uranium-235 or plutonium-239, which when detonated by a conventional explosive charge is capable of maintaining a nuclear chain reaction, releasing large amounts of energy almost instantaneously
Más definiciones de atom bombDefinición de atom bomb en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.