Definición de atopic en inglés:
Denoting a form of allergy in which a hypersensitivity reaction such as eczema or asthma may occur in a part of the body not in contact with the allergen.
- Recent information has shown a substantial increase in the incidence of asthma and atopic disease.
- The prevalence of asthma and atopic symptoms is higher in children in Hong Kong than those in mainland China.
- The patient had never smoked and had no history of atopic illness.
early 20th century: from Greek atopia 'unusualness', from atopos 'unusual', from a- 'without' + topos 'place'.
- Example sentences
- Asthma is characterized by airway hyperreactivity, inflammation, and atopy.
- In addition, all subjects were atopic, although atopy was not an inclusion criterion in our study.
- There is no evidence that immunisation causes atopy.
Definición de atopic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan