- 1The action or process of making or becoming greater in size or amount: the augmentation of the curriculum with new subjectsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- With expenditure likely to increase further, revenue augmentation may become a necessity to facilitate higher development expenditure.
- In such a situation, the bladder is enlarged by a procedure called bladder augmentation that increases the bladder capacity and reduces the pressure.
- If (a big ‘if’) we believe that augmentation of their profits will increase their incentives to engage in socially beneficial innovation, that's good.
- 1.1 Music The lengthening of the time values of notes in a melodic part.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Still in place as well are my customary rhythms, based on added note values, on augmentation, on the absence of measured bars, offering a very simple but completely unconventional use of note-values and duration.
- His interest in counterpoint is shown in a set of 120 canons, which use such techniques as augmentation, diminution, and retrograde motion.
- At the climax of the movement, the row is heard in diminution in the highest register of the piano, while in the left hand the row is heard in augmentation in the very lowest register of the instrument.
- 1.2 [count noun] Heraldry An addition to a coat of arms granted as a mark of special honour.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heraldic augmentations for gallant individuals are recorded as far back as the battle of Flodden in 1513.
late Middle English: from late Latin augmentatio(n-), from the verb augmentare (see augment).
Más definiciones de augmentationDefinición de augmentation en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.