Definición de augury en inglés:
sustantivo (plural auguries)
1A sign of what will happen in the future; an omen: they heard the sound as an augury of death
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the auguries for the future are more ambiguous.
- They are also auguries of the future: what was won for women and for racial and ethnic minorities will surely be won, in the lifetimes of some of us, for gay and lesbian couples.
- For one thing, political and economic auguries, specific market conditions, and likely future trends need all to be taken into account.
1.1 [mass noun] The interpretation of omens.
- A brace of dead geese, embodying the classical Roman method of augury, act as an image of mortality.
- As Hamlet remarked, ‘We defy augury… The readiness is all’.
- And by the way, Ganesha is an icon of good augury in almost all Asian countries.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan