Definición de augury en inglés:
sustantivo (plural auguries)
1A sign of what will happen in the future; an omen: they heard the sound as an augury of death
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the auguries for the future are more ambiguous.
- They are also auguries of the future: what was won for women and for racial and ethnic minorities will surely be won, in the lifetimes of some of us, for gay and lesbian couples.
- For one thing, political and economic auguries, specific market conditions, and likely future trends need all to be taken into account.
1.1 [mass noun] The interpretation of omens.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A brace of dead geese, embodying the classical Roman method of augury, act as an image of mortality.
- As Hamlet remarked, ‘We defy augury… The readiness is all’.
- And by the way, Ganesha is an icon of good augury in almost all Asian countries.
Palabras que riman con auguryresiduary • mercury
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda