1Economic independence or self-sufficiency: rural community autarchy is a Utopian dream
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The push to restrict people's opportunities to buy and sell based on region is an attempt to bring about what economists call autarky, or economic self-sufficiency.
- Franco imposed a policy of economic self-sufficiency or autarky.
- The unity they desired was one based upon conquest, political subordination, and economic autarky.
1.1 [count noun] A country, state, or society which is economically independent.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- During the Cold War, these ideas had encouraged the first generation of leaders of the newly independent colonies, and their colleagues in Latin America, to build statist autarkies.
- Trotsky fought for a faster tempo of industrial growth in order to counter this pressure, while at the same time he rejected the conception of an economic autarky.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Soviet Union was supposedly making economic strides; newly independent states were choosing autarkic collectivism.
- These activists oppose international trade altogether and want every local area to retreat into a self-sufficient autarkic state.
- We have the rare privilege of watching up close as a formerly socialist, autarkic economy peacefully attempts to make the transition to a market-based, rule-of-law economy.
Early 17th century: from Greek autarkeia, from autarkēs 'self-sufficiency', from autos 'self' + arkein 'suffice'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: aut|arky
Definición de autarky en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda