sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The ecological study of a particular species. Contrasted with synecology.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- It is obvious that a single data point may not be representative of the overall autecology of this species.
- However, little is known of the biology and autecology of Clitoria.
- Of these five species of woodland winter annuals, only C. verna has received much attention with regard to autecology.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The feeding ecology and habitat preferences of desmostylians are not well understood, but before we can begin to explore what part, if any, desmostylians played in past coastal ecosystems, we need such basic autecological data.
- As we gathered information from the literature about the traits and characteristics of individual species, it became apparent that basic autecological information on many invasive species is not readily available.
- More importantly, when extrapolating to ancient floras, you cannot guarantee that the autecological preferences of ancestral plants resemble those of their extant descendants.
Definición de autecology en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda