sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The ecological study of a particular species. Contrasted with synecology.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is obvious that a single data point may not be representative of the overall autecology of this species.
- However, little is known of the biology and autecology of Clitoria.
- Of these five species of woodland winter annuals, only C. verna has received much attention with regard to autecology.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The feeding ecology and habitat preferences of desmostylians are not well understood, but before we can begin to explore what part, if any, desmostylians played in past coastal ecosystems, we need such basic autecological data.
- As we gathered information from the literature about the traits and characteristics of individual species, it became apparent that basic autecological information on many invasive species is not readily available.
- More importantly, when extrapolating to ancient floras, you cannot guarantee that the autecological preferences of ancestral plants resemble those of their extant descendants.
Definición de autecology en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.