- 1Able to be trusted as being accurate or true; reliable: clear, authoritative information and advice an authoritative sourceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There isn't an exhaustive amount of authoritative or reliable information about his life, and there is an exhaustive amount of confusing folklore.
- The National Atlas makes authoritative, reliable geographic information more readily accessible to the public.
- For years and years, they have been the most authoritative and the most reliable sources of information in their communities.
- 1.1(Of a text) considered to be the best of its kind and unlikely to be improved upon: this is likely to become the authoritative study of the subjectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As in other titles in this series, this has the authoritative text (here based on the first British edition of 1886 which sold for 1s.).
- It follows the series' standard format with the authoritative text, here based on the 1674 edition with a few editorial changes, to which explanatory notes are given.
- The same year, he published his famous manual on tropical diseases, an authoritative text that appeared in several subsequent editions.
- 2Commanding and self-confident; likely to be respected and obeyed: his voice was calm and authoritativeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The older one had that dominating, authoritative air about him.
- They were still waiting over an hour later as the police went about using their metal barricades and polite but authoritative commands to disperse the area.
- The role of Salieri demands a commanding and authoritative presence and this was supplied in abundance by Mark Craddock.
- 2.1Proceeding from an official source and requiring compliance or obedience: authoritative directivesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- What is required is the authoritative resolution of a legal issue.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- How things really work is on the table, visible to all in shocking detail, authoritatively documented by the torrent of disclosures, with more to come.
- In many respects, a dialogue with the public requires a relationship of equals - yet science is made up of expert specialisms, on which very few can comment authoritatively.
- The authors have written authoritatively, based on their own research and knowledge of literature about the city and also on their close involvement in its affairs.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- What he lacks in scholarly authoritativeness, he makes up for in readability: this is an enjoyable journey through the ups and downs of Machiavelli's life.
- He has had no problem mastering the tone of authoritativeness.
- However, it also represents an important element in creating a sense of authoritativeness on the part of the ethnographer.