- 1(Of an inhabitant of a place) indigenous rather than descended from migrants or colonists.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However, on his creative path around the north of the island he discovered several autochthonous beings already in residence.
- For some citizens, deeply embedded assumptions about hierarchies of ‘spiritual belonging’ to land give priority to those individuals who can make the strongest claims to autochthonous status.
- In mythic accounts, the relationship between the autochthonous and the stranger is always a matter of context.
- 1.1 Geology (Of a deposit or formation) formed in its present position. Often contrasted with allochthonous.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It is generally agreed that the autochthonous sedimentary sequences were deposited in the northern margin of Gondwana.
- This has led to debate on whether this basement complex is allochthonous or autochthonous.
- In contrast to siliciclastic deposits, they are normally deposited close to their site of formation within the basin of deposition; that is they are autochthonous, and are rarely transported great distances from their site of origin.
Más definiciones de autochthonousDefinición de autochthonous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.