- 1Relating to a ruler who has absolute power: the constitutional reforms threatened his autocratic powerMás ejemplos en oraciones
- That's why in dictatorships or autocratic regimes those in power move quickly to suppress a free press.
- It will not be possible for anything like these figures to go through unless the Government takes autocratic powers, and uses them to the full.
- But in other areas there will be total chaos because none of these autocratic rulers have any line of succession.
- 1.1Taking no account of other people’s wishes or opinions; domineering: a man with a reputation for an autocratic management styleMás ejemplos en oraciones
despotic, tyrannical, oppressive, repressive; dictatorial, totalitarian, autarchic, absolute, all-powerful, arbitrary; undemocratic, anti-democratic, one-party, monocratic; illiberal, domineering, doctrinaire, dogmatic, draconian, overweening, overbearing, bossy, high-handed, peremptory, imperious, harsh, strict, severe, rigid, inflexible, unyielding; dystopian
- But her ‘domineering, autocratic style’ and her sometimes volatile temperament are also highlighted.
- Sources tell me that this autocratic style led to managerial paralysis in the party and that the current leadership are doing their best to sort it all out.
- The Ambulance Service has been condemned in an official report for having autocratic management and out of date equipment.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A party with an overwhelming majority cannot ignore the voices of civil society or political opposition, without risking both the accusation of arrogance and the insidious temptation to act autocratically.
- He reigned autocratically for more than 32 years, but following his downfall his handpicked successor led a transitional government into free elections.
- Faculty members complained that he behaved autocratically in establishing the center without soliciting their advice and consent.