sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The destruction of cells or tissues by their own enzymes, especially those released by lysosomes.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Specimens from living patients vastly outnumber autopsy specimens, and the absence of autolysis makes tissue from living people technically preferable for most purposes.
- A common problem for pathologists examining hysterectomy specimens is finding pronounced tissue autolysis.
- Ultrastructural examination failed to detect viral inclusions, although the tissue exhibited a sizable degree of postmortem autolysis.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- They are chosen for their ability to absorb moisture if the wound is draining or for their ability to stimulate autolytic debridement if the wound has necrotic tissue.
- A senescence-like autolytic programme is present in unicellular and filamentous green algae.
- Moreover, autopsy studies are perceived as providing suboptimal material due to autolytic changes and they are also hampered by the unavailability, in most instances, of immunofluorescence and electron microscopic studies.
Definición de autolysis en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda