- The part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, and digestive processes.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hormones of the HPA axis exert their effect on the autonomic nervous system, which controls such vital functions as heart rate, blood pressure, and digestion.
- These small muscles in the blood vessels are controlled by the autonomic nervous system.
- It works by monitoring the body's feedback and controlling the autonomic nervous system, which regulates involuntary bodily functions such as heart rate, sweating, and breathing.
Más definiciones de autonomic nervous systemDefinición de autonomic nervous system en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.