1.1Autorotation in the rotor blades of a helicopter that is descending without engine power.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I entered autorotation, jettisoned the external load and landed the aircraft.
- Unless the crew had the presence of mind to close both throttles at the instant of autorotation, an asymmetric thrust condition would have made an inverted spin even more unstable.
- The two were reportedly practicing high-altitude autorotations at 6,000 ft near the northern Italian air force base at Rimini.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Diaspores are 22-mg and 22 mm long samara-like winged seeds that autorotate while falling at an average terminal velocity of 0.81 [+ or -] 0.01 m/s, mean [+ or -] 1 SE.
- During a previous flight, the pilot successfully autorotated to a field when the dual magneto failed.
- Subsequent to the ‘flameout,’ the aircraft was autorotated and a safe landing was made.
Definición de autorotation en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda