Definición de avow en inglés:
Assert or confess openly: [with clause]: he avowed that he had voted Labour in every election [with object]: he avowed his change of faith
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I don't think it's impermissible for the judge to openly avow that that Constitution is morally praiseworthy, that the United States is morally praiseworthy.
- It is best explicable as an index of old-fashioned attitudes and its correlation with racism simply shows that it is now old-fashioned to avow openly racist attitudes.
- After openly avowing that his soul was bound with hers, William could not but be impatient with Elizabeth for refusing to make up her mind.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- On the contrary, a new Populus poll for the Times has suggested such widespread eagerness to appear generous that avowals of altruism occasionally precede the actual act.
- But the current attempt to de-legitimise this debate, and replace it with avowals of personal belief are destined to fail.
- Despite repeated avowals that he would remain above the push and pull of politics, and that he would keep Islam separate from the state, he has repeatedly shown his willingness to involve himself in political debates.
Palabras que riman con avowallow, Bilbao, Bissau, bough, bow, bow-wow, brow, cacao, chow, ciao, cow, dhow, Dow, endow, Foochow, Frau, Hangzhou, Hough, how, Howe, kowtow, Lao, Liao, Macao, Macau, miaow, Mindanao, mow, now, ow, Palau, plough (US plow), pow, prow, row, scow, Slough, sough, sow, Tao, thou, vow, wow, Yangshao
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda