sustantivo(the avunculate) Anthropology
- The special relationship in some societies between a man and his sister’s son: kinship relations such as the avunculateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Fante also cited the latter proverb to indicate certain limitations placed on the avunculate.
- Since every schoolboy since Radcliffe-Brown knows the importance of the avunculate in African society, I simply counted my blessings, figuring that I must actually be ‘doing’ anthropology.
- He is currently refining one paper on Anglo-Saxon queenship and another on the avunculate in Beowulf, the latter invited for Philological Quarterly.
early 20th century: from Latin avunculus 'maternal uncle' + -ate2.
Más definiciones de avunculateDefinición de avunculate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.