Definición de awkward en inglés:
- Had staff consulted with the minister and agreed to feign communication breakdown so as not to have to deal with my awkward questions?
- He dealt with an awkward question on devolution with the surety and intelligence you would expect from a man who refused to be bullied into Vietnam.
- O'Brien's hectic schedule may have been cast aside this weekend as he prepares to deal with many awkward questions, which may include some of the following.
- We did not want to be awkward and put any unreasonable obstructions in the way.
- I was asked to enter some of my favourite music, so being deliberately awkward, I entered four of my less well known favourites, first among them being Lucy Woodward.
- Everyone wants peace, no one wants war, and if you aren't prepared to march then you're either gung ho or deliberately awkward.
- I'd like to encourage some interactivity in this blog, so if anyone would like to email me with their awkward or embarrassing moments, I can post them here anonymously.
- Even though she had never really cared to notice, the air was damp and the dripping coming from above made the silence very uneasy and awkward.
- There were a few uneasy seconds of awkward silence, everyone looking at Christine with apprehension.
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
- Now she faked her clumsy and awkward movements, often purposely stumbling over anything that came her way.
- Kouki could see by his stiff stance and awkward movement that he didn't like him.
- He stood as straight as he could, which was not very straight, since he spent nearly two hours in an uncomfortable and awkward position.
- As I lay on my side, too choked with inward giggling to move into a less awkward and uncomfortable position, my mother appeared.
- The members did this while crouching-on the floor in a very uncomfortable, awkward position.
There used to be a word awk, based on an Old Norse afugr, that meant ‘turned the wrong way round’. So awkward meant ‘in an awk direction’, ‘in the wrong direction, in reverse order, upside down’. It could be applied, for instance, to an animal that was on its back and was unable to get up. The meaning ‘clumsy or ungainly’ developed in the 16th century, followed by other meanings such as ‘embarrassing’, or ‘difficult to deal with’.
Palabras que riman con awkwardnorthward
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.