Definición de axenic en inglés:
Relating to or denoting a culture that is free from living organisms other than the species required.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Tips of generative shoots excised from flowering beets were the explants used to initiate axenic shoot cultures.
- Duckweeds also have the advantage that they may be grown in axenic cultures, reproducing vegetatively.
- Experiments that showed a PPFM strain could stimulate growth and development of a leafy liverwort in axenic culture were reported some time ago.
- axenically adverbio
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Cells were grown axenically in batch culture, in Bold's basal medium as described previously, under a constant light fluence.
- The cells were fed with ciliates Tetrahymena pyriformis, which were axenically cultured in medium containing 1.0% proteose peptone supplemented with 0.1% yeast extract.
- Rice plants were axenically grown in glass test tubes containing a strip of filter paper to support the seeds and filled with 15 ml of Long Ashton nutrient solution.
1940s: from a- 'not' + Greek xenikos 'alien, strange' + -ic.
Definición de axenic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda