Definición de axiom en inglés:
1A statement or proposition which is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true: the axiom that sport builds character
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I decline to accept as an axiom that our fate is involved in that of France.
- It is an axiom that every research establishment is strong to the extent of an unbreakable link existing between different generations.
- We have all heard the very true axiom that bookmakers really don't care who wins any given game, as long as there are equal amounts wagered on both sides.
1.1chiefly Mathematics A statement or proposition on which an abstractly defined structure is based.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The second chapter presents a development of absolute and Euclidean geometry based on Hilbert's axioms.
- Robert Simson of Glasgow University had, in his 1756 edition of the Elements, given a proof of the parallel axiom based on another assumption.
- He sees mathematics as ontology and so his return to philosophy is to a systematic one based on the axioms of set theory.
Late 15th century: from French axiome or Latin axioma, from Greek axiōma 'what is thought fitting', from axios 'worthy'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda