Definición de axolotl en inglés:
A Mexican salamander which in natural conditions retains its aquatic newt-like larval form throughout life but is able to breed.
- Ambystoma mexicanum, family Ambystomatidae
- A number of salamanders, such as the North American ‘mudpuppy’ and the Mexican axolotl, develop legs but retain their larval gills and stay in the water throughout their lifetimes.
- Another family, the Ambystomatidae occurs in the New World from Canada to central Mexico and includes the tiger salamander and the axolotl.
- Urodele amphibians such as newts and axolotls show a remarkable capacity for regenerating body structures such as tails, limbs, jaws, and the lens of the eye.
late 18th century: from Nahuatl, from atl 'water' + xolotl 'servant'.
Definición de axolotl en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan