Definición de axon en inglés:
The long thread-like part of a nerve cell along which impulses are conducted from the cell body to other cells. Compare with dendrite.
- In contrast to the innervation of the proximal esophagus, axons from vagal neurons synapse within ganglia of the myenteric plexus.
- The nerve fibres in the optic tract (the axons of retinal ganglion cells) terminate in two main areas of the brain.
- Neurites are the long projections of nerve cell bodies called axons and dendrites.
mid 19th century (denoting the body axis): from Greek axōn 'axis'.
- Example sentences
- It is also possible, however, that direct compression of axons may induce axonal damage independent of Schwann cell dysfunction.
- None of the cases had strongly beta-APP-immunoreactive beaded or swollen axonal segments indicative of axonal damage.
- The viral capsid is transported to the dorsal root ganglion in neurons via retrograde axonal flow.
Definición de axon en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary