Definición de axoplasm en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The cytoplasm of a nerve axon.
- The brightness and density of mito-GFP labeling within presynaptic boutons provides a rough estimate for mitochondrial concentration in the presynaptic axoplasm.
- Furthermore, both the rates and mode of saltatory transport of organelles in giant lamellipodia resemble myosin-driven transport along actin in extruded squid axoplasm.
- Here we provide evidence of a new type of organelle movement in squid axoplasm which is independent of both microtubules and microtubule-based motors.
- Example sentences
- Previous studies have shown that assessments of dye exclusion can depend upon the electrical charge of the dye and other factors (e.g., axoplasmic outflow at the injury site).
- For example, elevation of the axoplasmic concentration of Caz + is necessary for the initiation of vesiculation, leading to axonal repair, and the degradation of axonal proteins, leading to axonal degeneration.
- The enzymes are produced in the nerve cell bodies and pass down the axon to the nerve terminals in the so-called axoplasmic flow (they can travel a considerable distance - for example, from the spinal cord to the foot muscles).
Definición de axoplasm en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary