- A deciduous flowering shrub with clusters of brightly coloured, sometimes fragrant flowers. Azaleas are typically smaller than other rhododendrons and there are numerous cultivars.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Rhododendron, family Ericaceae
- These are gardens for all seasons with the rhododendron dell, the azaleas and flowering cherry trees in spring, and the rose gardens in summer.
- The spectacular spring flowers of azaleas and rhododendrons make them among the most popular garden shrubs.
- Flowers are blooming weeks earlier than usual with Castle Howard boasting daffodils, snowdrops, rhododendrons, azaleas and crocuses.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek, feminine of azaleos 'dry', because the shrub flourishes in dry soil.
Más definiciones de azaleaDefinición de azalea en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.