sustantivo (plural igual or bêches-de-mer pronunc. igual)
- 1A large sea cucumber which is eaten as a delicacy in China and Japan. Also called trepang.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They made seasonal visits to northern Australia, probably from the late seventeenth century, to collect trepang (also known as bêche-de-mer, sea slug, or sea cucumber - reputedly an aphrodisiac), which they traded with the Chinese.
- Sea cucumbers that are harvested, cooked, and dried for consumption are known as bêche-de-mer.
- Fishing for bêche-de-mer in Torres Strait is mainly by free diving from dinghies crewed by 2-3 fishers or by hand collection along reefs at low tide.
- 2 [mass noun] (Bêche-de-mer) another term for Bislama.
late 18th century: pseudo-French, alteration of Portuguese bicho do mar, literally 'sea worm'.
Más definiciones de bêche-de-merDefinición de bêche-de-mer en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.