A Brazilian palm that yields an edible oil which is sometimes used in cosmetics.
- Genus Orbignya, family Palmae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The rubs harness the soothing properties of babassu oil (harvested from the Amazonian babassu palm) and essential oils.
- The babassu palm, which grows in the Brazilian Amazon, is harvested sustainably to provide a natural oil for use in Aveda hair conditioners and as a cleansing ingredient in shampoos.
- The shampoo cleanses fine hair with organic coconut and babassu oils and contains calendula, honey and marshmallow to give life to limp strands.
1920s: from Brazilian Portuguese babaçu, from Tupi ybá 'fruit' + guasu 'large'.
Definición de babassu en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.