- 1A confused noise made by a number of voices: the babel of voices on the roadMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Out of the babel of writers' voices offering their services, one dominated, that of Peter Nichols.
- With what a babel of discordant voices does it [medicine] celebrate its two thousand years of experience!
- With songs in Spanish, English, Mayan, and Zapotec, it reflects the babel of voices that is our ever-expanding border region.
- 1.1A confused situation: the potential for confusion in this babel of textual formats is enormousMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Where would all those self-interested snouts turn for sustenance if shoo'd away from the trough of taxpayer monies that currently funds the babel of ethnic councils and advocates of cultural separatism.
- I argue that to accept the babel of multiple and incommensurable publics is to surrender to the Babylon of an alienating governance such as the Jews fell under during their Babylonian captivity.
- If we turn to various explanations of how these incidents come about and how to prevent them, we face a babel of opinions.
early 16th century: from Babel (see Tower of Babel), where, according to the biblical story, God made the builders all speak different languages.