- Out of the babel of writers' voices offering their services, one dominated, that of Peter Nichols.
- With what a babel of discordant voices does it [medicine] celebrate its two thousand years of experience!
- With songs in Spanish, English, Mayan, and Zapotec, it reflects the babel of voices that is our ever-expanding border region.
- Where would all those self-interested snouts turn for sustenance if shoo'd away from the trough of taxpayer monies that currently funds the babel of ethnic councils and advocates of cultural separatism.
- I argue that to accept the babel of multiple and incommensurable publics is to surrender to the Babylon of an alienating governance such as the Jews fell under during their Babylonian captivity.
- If we turn to various explanations of how these incidents come about and how to prevent them, we face a babel of opinions.
Early 16th century: from Babel (see Tower of Babel), where, according to the biblical story, God made the builders all speak different languages.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: babel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.