- 1An issue of a periodical earlier than the current one.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also, partly moth-eaten back numbers of forgotten magazines of the 1950s or even earlier may catch your eye.
- But when I last visited the shop, the owner directed me to a pile of back numbers of a journal that was neither dead nor Indian.
- He had seen his exhibition advertised in a back number of the magazine and used one of his last two remaining postage stamps to send him photographs of his figures in pastel.
- 1.1 • informal A person or thing seen as outdated or past their prime.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Though he showed flashes of the old brilliance, fashionable opinion increasingly considered him obsolete, a back number from a bygone era.
- Not much past sixty, he began to regard and carry himself as an old man, not at all displeased to be considered a back number.
- It would be stupid to write him off as a back number on the strength of that Kempton run alone.
Más definiciones de back numberDefinición de back number en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.