Definición de back number en inglés:
1An issue of a periodical earlier than the current one.
- Also, partly moth-eaten back numbers of forgotten magazines of the 1950s or even earlier may catch your eye.
- But when I last visited the shop, the owner directed me to a pile of back numbers of a journal that was neither dead nor Indian.
- He had seen his exhibition advertised in a back number of the magazine and used one of his last two remaining postage stamps to send him photographs of his figures in pastel.
1.1 informal A person or thing seen as outdated or past their prime.
- Though he showed flashes of the old brilliance, fashionable opinion increasingly considered him obsolete, a back number from a bygone era.
- Not much past sixty, he began to regard and carry himself as an old man, not at all displeased to be considered a back number.
- It would be stupid to write him off as a back number on the strength of that Kempton run alone.
Definición de back number en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia