Definición de back row en inglés:
sustantivo[treated as singular or plural] Rugby
The forwards who are in the third row in a scrum.
- It's easy to make parallels between the back rows but really a back row is only as good as the forward pack in front of it.
- At hooker, scrum-half and in the back row, there are few solid alternatives.
- The young scrum, the front and back rows especially, has been a revelation and should develop into a fearsome unit given a little time and a following wind.
- Example sentences
- Not the biggest of forwards, but this Kangaroos back-rower of the early 1980s could mix it with the best and liked to do so at every opportunity.
- Confusingly, however, the Knights have already secured the back-rower's signature and lodged his registration with the Rugby Football League, so his immediate future is seemingly in their hands.
- But a new-found maturity in recent seasons has seen him develop into one of the finest back-rowers in the game, able to hold down his spot in the Kiwis and the Warriors sides despite intense competition from a host of talented youngsters.