- 1A board placed at or forming the back of something, such as a piece of electronic equipment.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I nailed tour boards together as a frame with the backboard a few inches higher than the front, laid the storm windows on top and grew some delicious early spring and late fall salad greens for myself.
- There is a wrought-iron ring on the top, so that it could be hung on a wall, and the backboards are held together with eighteenth-century sprigs (along with several modem screws).
- These include about two dozen index features, such as base construction and the method of attaching backboards and drawer runners, in addition to idiosyncrasies of design and decoration.
- 1.1A board used to support or straighten a person’s back, especially after an accident.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pods had no artificial gravity fields of their own to provide inertial dampening effects, so the Marines strapped themselves securely to the vertical backboards provided.
- Two backboards were lashed together, and he was secured to them.
- The man was placed on a backboard and had a neck brace applied as a precaution before he was taken to Southend Hospital.
- 1.2 Basketball An upright board behind the basket, off which the ball may rebound.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The orange ball rebounded off the backboard and gave a few half-hearted bounces on the cement floor before rolling away.
- Whenever he grabbed an offensive rebound, the plan was to bank the ball in using the backboard - clean and simple and strong.
- So we did a simple drill where the players toss the ball off the backboard, jump high as possible to get it, then fire an outlet pass to a sideline player.
Más definiciones de backboardDefinición de backboard en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.