- 1(In tennis and other racket sports) a stroke played with the back of the hand facing in the direction of the stroke, with the arm across the body: [as modifier]: a backhand volleyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They played attacking table tennis with high-speed backhand rallies being prominent.
- Some athletes watch videotapes of a single physical skill, such as a backhand stroke in tennis, being performed with perfect technique.
- Two other girls from Great Ormond Street chatted about their injuries before they enjoyed some expert coaching to improve their forehands, backhands, lobs and volleys.
- 1.1A blow or stroke delivered in a similar way to a backhand in tennis and other racket sports: [as modifier]: a backhand blow hammered into his wristMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She recovers quickly pivoting on her lead foot to bisect him with a backhand blow.
- Her cheek still stings from Marc's backhand.
- She felt the hot sting of his backhand across her cheek and jaw.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Strike with a backhanded blow or stroke: in a flash, he backhanded Ace across the jawMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘Lady Christina,’ she roared, backhanding him and sending him flying across the chamber to crash into a set of table and chairs.
- He yelled at me, backhanding me across the face.
- Christine lunged at Denton again, the Master backhanding her to send her precariously near the edge of the roof, her head spinning from the force of the blow.
Más definiciones de backhandDefinición de backhand en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.