Definición de backland en inglés:
1 (also backlands) another term for backcountry.
- These settlements were established in the backlands of northeastern Brazil in the early seventeenth century, and during the long wars against Holland grew and thrived.
- If you are going to exotic places or into the backlands, consult a knowledgeable travel medicine specialist.
- They're a group of three college students taking a road trip through the backlands of Australia.
2Land behind an area which is built on or otherwise developed: [as modifier]: backland development which would adversely affect the neighbouring properties
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It was also an unacceptable form of backland development within the area and would be intrusive to the back view enjoyed by nearby homes.
- They argued that all future development would be carried out in backland areas to further reinforce the existing Main Street of the town and to prevent ribbon development.
- And the inspector went on to point out that in the Council's own development plan for the area, developers are encouraged to go for backland sites rather than sites fronting onto main roads.
Definición de backland en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan